IMAGES TAKEN NEAR TO
St. Johns Wood, South Deeside Road, ABERDEEN, AB12 5GE

Introduction

This page details the photographs taken nearby to St. Johns Wood, South Deeside Road, AB12 5GE by members of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image Map


Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Notes
  • Clicking on the map will re-center to the selected point.
  • The higher the marker number, the further away the image location is from the centre of the postcode.

Image Listing (40 Images Found)

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
  • ...
Image
Details
Distance
1
In Hoc Signo Vinces
The motto of the Knights Templar : in this sign we will conquer. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_hoc_signo_vinces . A plaque mounted on the rear door of the Templars Graveyard at Maryculter in 1925 - 700 years after the Knights Templar were granted their lands there. The smaller plaque (to the right) on the graveyard wall is dated 3 Oct 2010, and marks the centenary of the Order of Knights Templar District Grand Priory of Aberdeen, Banff and Kincardine, 1910-2010.
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 Jun 2013
0.03 miles
2
Rear exit from Templars Graveyard
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 May 2008
0.03 miles
3
Maryculter Home Farm
Seen from Templar's Kirkyard.
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 May 2008
0.03 miles
4
St Mary's Chapel, Maryculter
These low walls are the remains of a chapel with Knights Templar connections, built in the 1200s. The site is now a graveyard. The crosses are mostly from the Fortescue family who own a nearby estate and large house at Kingcausie.
Image: © Peter Robinson Taken: 11 Apr 2024
0.04 miles
5
A font or piscina
An old font/piscina tucked into the wall of St Mary's chapel ruins in Maryculter. The chapel was built in the 1200s.
Image: © Peter Robinson Taken: 11 Apr 2024
0.05 miles
6
Templars graveyard at Maryculter
Graveyard entrance is through a portal in the wall in the background.
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 Jun 2013
0.05 miles
7
Templars graveyard
Lair of the Duguid family.
Image: © Alan Findlay Taken: 3 Dec 2007
0.05 miles
8
Gravestones in Templar's Kirkyard
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 May 2008
0.05 miles
9
Notice board in Templars Kirkyard
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 May 2008
0.06 miles
10
Exit from walled Templar's Kirkyard
Image: © Stanley Howe Taken: 14 May 2008
0.06 miles
  • ...