1
The front, entrance facade of Saints Mary and David Roman Catholic Church
In Buccleuch Street, Hawick.
Image: © James Denham
Taken: 15 Mar 2012
0.06 miles
2
Roman Catholic Church of St. Mary and St. David
A modest building which barely stands out among its residential and industrial neighbours.
Image: © Jonathan Thacker
Taken: 18 Aug 2018
0.07 miles
3
Stone tablet at West Port, Hawick
To commemorate the work involved in demolishing houses at Auld Mid Row in 1884 to form Drumlanrig Square and widen West Port.
Image: © Walter Baxter
Taken: 16 Apr 2008
0.07 miles
4
The Wallpaper Shop, Hawick
This shop is located at 8 Drumlanrig Square.
Image: © Walter Baxter
Taken: 1 Apr 2013
0.07 miles
5
Peter Scott
Cashmere mill on Buccleuch Street (A7)
Image: © Richard Webb
Taken: 8 Nov 2007
0.08 miles
6
Drumlanrig Square, Hawick
The memorial fountain and clock on the right was erected in 1910 from funds bequeathed by William Brown from Hawick. Buildings at Auld Mill Row on this site were demolished between 1882-84 to form the square and gardens on which this fountain stands. The clock tower and belfry of St Mary’s Kirk is in the background to the left.
Image: © Walter Baxter
Taken: 1 Apr 2013
0.08 miles
7
The Brown Memorial Fountain in Hawick
The fountain is situated in gardens in Drumlanrig Square in the oldest section of Hawick. The gardens occupy the site of the 'Auld Mid Row', a row of houses which once stood on the site. The building of the fountain was financed by a legacy left to the town by William Brown, a native of Hawick who left for Alloa whilst still in his teens. On his death, he left a substantial amount of money for the betterment of Hawick and the fountain was built in 1910 bearing the coat of arms of both Hawick and Alloa.
Image: © James Denham
Taken: 2 Feb 2012
0.08 miles
8
Buccleuch Road, Hawick
Image: © Richard Webb
Taken: 19 Jan 2016
0.08 miles
9
Hawick High School
Part of a large complex of buildings.
Image: © Jonathan Thacker
Taken: 18 Aug 2018
0.09 miles
10
Drumlanrig Square, Hawick
Looking down to the Memorial Fountain, erected in 1910 from funds bequeathed by William Brown, a Teri (a native of Hawick). Buildings at Auld Mid Row on this site were demolished between 1882-84 to form the square and gardens.
Image: © Walter Baxter
Taken: 16 Apr 2008
0.09 miles