1
Derby Road in Longridge
Image: © Steve Daniels
Taken: 28 Aug 2014
0.01 miles
2
Forget-me-nots (Myosotis arvensis)
Image: © Ian Greig
Taken: 22 May 2015
0.05 miles
3
A footpath in the centre of Longridge
Image: © Ian Greig
Taken: 22 May 2015
0.05 miles
4
Stone Bridge information plaque
Provided by the Longridge Heritage Committee.
Image: © M J Richardson
Taken: 27 Jun 2010
0.08 miles
5
Keston Lane
The B5269, at its junction with Preston Road at Stone Bridge.
Image: © M J Richardson
Taken: 27 Jun 2010
0.08 miles
6
St Wilfrid's RC Church, Longridge
St Wlifrid's Roman Catholic Church on Derby Road was opened in 1886; it had been preceded by a smaller building which is now the school.
Image: © David Dixon
Taken: 26 May 2013
0.11 miles
7
Townley Park, Berry Lane, Longridge, Bowling green
The green is a circular one and not a square one
Image: © Alexander P Kapp
Taken: 21 May 2008
0.11 miles
8
St Wilfrid RC Derby Road Longridge
Founded in 1867 the building was still in use when this image was taken.
Image: © Steve Houldsworth
Taken: 31 Jul 2007
0.12 miles
9
St. Wilfrid's Church Longridge
Roman Catholic Church on Derby St.
Image: © Phil and Juliette Platt
Taken: 28 Jun 2011
0.12 miles
10
Roman Catholic Church of St Wilfrid, Dilworth, Longridge
The Roman Catholic church of St. Wilfrid was opened in 1886; it had been preceded by a smaller building, now the school, in 1869. Catholics from Longridge formerly went to Alston Lane Chapel until the Reverend Henry Brown from Ribchester started a movement for the construction of a church nearer their homes.
The Chapel was designed by Mr Hughes of Preston and it was originally built without a tower due to lack of funds and the porch, tower and steeple were added in 1908.
The church possesses the head of an old processional cross, found in the neighbourhood about 1830. While an old house was being pulled down a boy playing about found the cross and some other religious objects on a ledge. The brass cross, bearing a rough carved figure of Christ, is said to have been used at the old Catholic Chapel at Longridge which stood on the site of the present church before the Reformation. The church also possesses a carved oak chair made for John Towers, Bishop of Peterborough, 1631.
Image: © Rude Health
Taken: 16 Dec 2012
0.12 miles