1
Castle Oak at Castle Oak
Mighty tree gives its name to the street.
Image: © Ian Paterson
Taken: 1 May 2007
0.10 miles
2
Burrium Chase housing development in Usk
View looks westwards towards the small market town of Usk. This is part of a new housing development by Barratt homes called Burrium Chase (seen here) and Burrium Gate (to the immediate south) respectively. Burrium was the name given by the Romans to their fort in what is now Usk.
Image: © Roger Davies
Taken: 13 Apr 2008
0.10 miles
3
Corner of Ladyhill and Monmouth Road, Usk
Viewed from Monmouth Road.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 26 Sep 2010
0.14 miles
4
Castle Wood, Usk
Cul-de-sac on the northeast side of Ladyhill.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 3 Nov 2018
0.15 miles
5
Ladyhill housing, Usk
Viewed across Monmouth Road.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 26 Sep 2010
0.17 miles
6
Junction of Monmouth Road and Ladyhill, Usk
The southeast end of Ladyhill viewed across Monmouth Road.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 3 Nov 2018
0.18 miles
7
Castle Oak pond, Usk
This pond was originally excavated in the 1850s to provide water for the steam trains on the line between Little Mill and Monmouth. During the excavation skeletons were found believed to be those slain at the battle of Pwll Melyn in 1405 when Owen Glendower's forces were heavily defeated by those of Henry IV. The line was closed in 1955 by Lord Beeching. Despite now being totally surrounded by the Castle Oak housing estate the pond is home to a rare amphibian -the greater crested newt.
Image: © Roger Davies
Taken: 30 Mar 2008
0.18 miles
8
Path junction on the north side of Monmouth Road, Usk
The path ahead leads to houses in Sunnyside.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 3 Nov 2018
0.18 miles
9
Ladyhill name and information sign, Usk
On the left here https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5962714 on the corner of Monmouth Road, the sign shows
that Ladyhill leads to Ladyhill Close, Ladywood and Sunnyside.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 3 Nov 2018
0.18 miles
10
Two telecoms cabinets and a postbox on an Usk corner
On the corner of Ladyhill and Monmouth Road viewed in November 2018.
The red phonebox formerly on this corner, seen here http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2094087 in 2010, has been removed.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 3 Nov 2018
0.18 miles