IMAGES TAKEN NEAR TO
Westgarth, NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE5 4NT

Introduction

This page details the photographs taken nearby to Westgarth, NE5 4NT by members of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image Map


Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Notes
  • Clicking on the map will re-center to the selected point.
  • The higher the marker number, the further away the image location is from the centre of the postcode.

Image Listing (22 Images Found)

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
  • ...
Image
Details
Distance
1
Public footpath across Westerhope Golf Course
Image: © Anthony Foster Taken: 28 Jul 2020
0.12 miles
2
St Mark’s RC Church, Newbiggin Hall Estate
Image: © Anthony Foster Taken: 20 Jul 2023
0.17 miles
3
Public footpath across Westerhope Golf Course
Image: © Anthony Foster Taken: 28 Jul 2020
0.18 miles
4
St Marks Roman Catholic Church
St Marks Newbiggin Hall
Image: © Newbiggin Hall Scouts Taken: 7 Jun 2007
0.19 miles
5
Madonna and Bernadette
Statue of the Madonna outside of St Marks Church Newbiggin Hall
Image: © Newbiggin Hall Scouts Taken: 7 Jun 2007
0.20 miles
6
Access Road
Access road to Westerhope Golf Club
Image: © peter maddison Taken: 1 Nov 2010
0.20 miles
7
Mining tub planter, Stamfordham Road, Westerhope
Image: © Andrew Curtis Taken: 1 Dec 2013
0.21 miles
8
Access road to Westerhope Golf Course
Image: © Andrew Curtis Taken: 1 Dec 2013
0.21 miles
9
Lane linking Whorlton Grange and Stamfordham Road
Image: © Anthony Foster Taken: 16 May 2021
0.22 miles
10
The Orion
A small cinema was built in Westerhope on Stamfordham Road which opened as the Picture Palace in 1912. It was financed by Samuel R. Piper,a miner who had originally come from Cornwall and who had worked at the nearby North Walbottle Colliery. The basic hall had a tiny balcony seating 16 with a total capacity of 450. It was designed by H.F. Burrows of Lemington. When it was taken over in 1932 by Percy Longhorn, sound was introduced for the first time. When snow storms were very bad in 1941 and the village was cut off, films were brought out from the city by sledge. It was in the 1940s that the present name, 'Orion' was chosen. It was very much a family business and even closed for two weeks every year when the Longhorns went on holiday. It closed as a cinema in 1970 but still remains as a bingo club.
Image: © sue hayton Taken: 11 Aug 2002
0.23 miles
  • ...