IMAGES TAKEN NEAR TO
Faraday Street, MANCHESTER, M1 1BE

Introduction

This page details the photographs taken nearby to Faraday Street, M1 1BE by members of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image Map


Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Notes
  • Clicking on the map will re-center to the selected point.
  • The higher the marker number, the further away the image location is from the centre of the postcode.

Image Listing (2181 Images Found)

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
  • ...
Image
Details
Distance
1
Faraday St
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 21 Mar 2015
0.01 miles
2
Faraday St
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 21 Dec 2013
0.01 miles
3
An old Mill
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 22 Mar 2015
0.01 miles
4
Denton Magistrates' Courtroom (GMP Museum)
The 1895 Victorian magistrates’ court located at the Greater Manchester Police Museum. The Denton Police Station and Magistrates’ Court was initially part of Lancashire Constabulary and opened in 1895. The courtroom was directly above the police station and stairs led from the cells straight into the courtroom. In later years, the Magistrates’ Courtroom became a Coroner’s Court before it was eventually closed in 1980. The court was restored and relocated to the museum in 2004, with financial aid from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It has been installed in the former Parade Room of the Newton Street police station. Apart from being a popular feature with visitors, the court is used to train new officers and staff in court procedure and giving evidence.
Image: © David Dixon Taken: 24 Apr 2014
0.01 miles
5
Victorian Magistrates' Courtroom, GMP Museum
The 1895 Victorian magistrates’ court located at the Greater Manchester Police Museum. The Denton Police Station and Magistrates’ Court was initially part of Lancashire Constabulary and opened in 1895. The courtroom was directly above the police station and stairs led from the cells straight into the courtroom. In later years, the Magistrates’ Courtroom became a Coroner’s Court before it was eventually closed in 1980. The court was restored and relocated to the museum in 2004, with financial aid from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It has been installed in the former Parade Room of the Newton Street police station. Apart from being a popular feature with visitors, the court is used to train new officers and staff in court procedure and giving evidence.
Image: © David Dixon Taken: 24 Apr 2014
0.01 miles
6
GMP Museum, Denton Magistrates' Courtroom
The 1895 Victorian magistrates’ court located at the Greater Manchester Police Museum. The Denton Police Station and Magistrates’ Court was initially part of Lancashire Constabulary and opened in 1895. The courtroom was directly above the police station and stairs led from the cells straight into the courtroom. In later years, the Magistrates’ Courtroom became a Coroner’s Court before it was eventually closed in 1980. The court was restored and relocated to the museum in 2004, with financial aid from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It has been installed in the former Parade Room of the Newton Street police station. Apart from being a popular feature with visitors, the court is used to train new officers and staff in court procedure and giving evidence.
Image: © David Dixon Taken: 24 Apr 2014
0.01 miles
7
Stained Glass Window, Denton Magistrates' Court
The 1895 Victorian magistrates’ court located at the Greater Manchester Police Museum. The Denton Police Station and Magistrates’ Court was initially part of Lancashire Constabulary and opened in 1895. The courtroom was directly above the police station and stairs led from the cells straight into the courtroom. In later years, the Magistrates’ Courtroom became a Coroner’s Court before it was eventually closed in 1980. The court was restored and relocated to the museum in 2004, with financial aid from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It has been installed in the former Parade Room of the Newton Street police station. Apart from being a popular feature with visitors, the court is used to train new officers and staff in court procedure and giving evidence.
Image: © David Dixon Taken: 24 Apr 2014
0.01 miles
8
Stained Glass, Denton Magistrates' Courtroom (GMP Museum)
The 1895 Victorian magistrates’ court located at the Greater Manchester Police Museum. The Denton Police Station and Magistrates’ Court was initially part of Lancashire Constabulary and opened in 1895. The courtroom was directly above the police station and stairs led from the cells straight into the courtroom. In later years, the Magistrates’ Courtroom became a Coroner’s Court before it was eventually closed in 1980. The court was restored and relocated to the museum in 2004, with financial aid from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It has been installed in the former Parade Room of the Newton Street police station. Lancashire was unique in that the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster appointed the magistrates and so the Duchy's coat of arms appears above some of the doors and on some of the stained glass of the courtroom interior. Apart from being a popular feature with visitors, the court is used to train new officers and staff in court procedure and giving evidence.
Image: © David Dixon Taken: 24 Apr 2014
0.01 miles
9
GMP Roll of Honour, Greater Manchester Police Museum
The board honouring police officers killed whilst carrying out their duties. (The list of names is not yet complete).
Image: © David Dixon Taken: 24 Apr 2014
0.01 miles
10
Faraday St
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 22 Mar 2015
0.01 miles
  • ...