1
Kilbirnie War Memorial
Unveiled on 8th October 1922, as well as being a memorial to those that sacrificed their lives, it serves as a gateway to what was then a new public park. Lest we forget.
Image: © Chris Court
Taken: 10 Aug 2005
0.09 miles
2
Kilbirnie War Memorial, North Ayrshire
Designed by James Houston of Kilbirnie, the War Memorial was unveiled in October 1922. The memorial also serves as the gateway to the Public Park.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 23 Jul 2019
0.09 miles
3
Garden City, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire
Kilbirnie’s Garden City on a very wet day.
Fudstone Drive and the bottom of the public park are particularly susceptible to flooding, as can be seen in this photograph.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 31 Aug 2019
0.10 miles
4
Holmhead, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire
Prominent flats at the town’s Holmhead.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 23 Jul 2019
0.11 miles
5
Holmhead, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire
Holmhead on a warm summer’s morning.
The ruined building on the right is part of the original Newhouse Farm.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 23 Jul 2019
0.11 miles
6
Swimming Pool
Garnock Swimming pool, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire. 5th April 2010 1.50pm.
Image: © Gordon Dowie
Taken: 5 Apr 2010
0.12 miles
7
Shops in Kilbirnie
Image: © Jonathan Thacker
Taken: 20 Jul 2013
0.12 miles
8
Site of Former Paterson?s Bus Depot, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire
Paterson of Dalry acquired the site at Holmhead, Kilbirnie, in 1975 after it took over Garnock Valley Motors. The building was originally Dickie’s picture house.
Paterson’s ceased trading in February 2006 and the site has remained derelict ever since. The main building was destroyed by fire around 2008 and subsequently demolished. All that remains are a few lamps and an old diesel pump.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 23 Jul 2019
0.12 miles
9
Holmhead, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire
Prominent flats at the town’s Holmhead.
The War Memorial can be seen in the background.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 23 Jul 2019
0.13 miles
10
Garnock Valley Ford, Kilbirnie, North Ayrshire
Originally William Clark, the garage at the town’s Holmhead has sold new Fords since 1937. Another branch was later opened on Main Street in Largs, but was sold to John Pearson Motors in 1997.
After William Clark Jr. retired, the business was sold, becoming Garnock Valley Ford in October 2008.
Although one of the smallest Ford dealers in the country, it has always been a busy garage.
Image: © Mark S
Taken: 23 Jul 2019
0.14 miles