IMAGES TAKEN NEAR TO
Roding Road, LOUGHTON, IG10 3ED

Introduction

This page details the photographs taken nearby to Roding Road, IG10 3ED by members of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image Map


Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Notes
  • Clicking on the map will re-center to the selected point.
  • The higher the marker number, the further away the image location is from the centre of the postcode.

Image Listing (80 Images Found)

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
  • ...
Image
Details
Distance
1
Roding RD
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 4 Dec 2021
0.02 miles
2
Roding Road
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 8 Apr 2018
0.02 miles
3
Trackside allotments
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 8 Apr 2018
0.05 miles
4
Trackside allotments
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 8 Apr 2018
0.07 miles
5
Roding Rd
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 4 Dec 2021
0.07 miles
6
Railway Bridge, Roding Rd
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 4 Dec 2021
0.07 miles
7
Railway Bridge, Roding Rd
Image: © N Chadwick Taken: 4 Dec 2021
0.07 miles
8
Loughton station
The Eastern Counties Railway Loughton branch line opened on 22nd August 1856. It ran north-east between the small villages of Leyton and Leytonstone, reaching the Roding Valley at Wanstead. It then followed the west side of the valley to reach Loughton which was then a village of 1,500 people. An eleven and a quarter mile extension beyond Loughton was opened as a single line extension from Loughton through Epping to Ongar on 24th April 1865. A double track was completed as far as Epping in January 1893. To avoid the higher ground, the extension left the older line about a quarter mile south of the old terminus, and going east through a new two platform Loughton station. With the opening of the Ongar line the old terminus was closed. At the opening of the Loughton branch most trains terminated at Fenchurch Street, but from 1874 most trains were diverted to Liverpool Street. By the outbreak of the Second World war much of the land between Epping Forest and the River Roding was covered with houses as far as Loughton but there was much discontent with the LNER steam service. Tube train operation of the branch was first mooted in the early 1930s and a major objective of the 1935-1940 London Railways New Works Programme was to give the eastern suburbs of London a more direct link to the West End. The Central line would be extended beyond Stratford to Leyton where it would take over the working of the Ongar line. The new station at Loughton was opened on 28th April 1940 but LNER steam trains served it until 1948. Work resumed in 1945 and Tube trains reached Leytonstone on 5th May 1947. Loughton received its electric trains on 21st November 1948. Electrification was carried through to Epping on 25th September 1949. In this photograph a Central line train bound for Epping has just left. Debden is the next station in this direction. The train on the right has terminated at Loughton.
Image: © Marathon Taken: 13 May 2015
0.09 miles
9
Loughton station
The Eastern Counties Railway Loughton branch line opened on 22nd August 1856. It ran north-east between the small villages of Leyton and Leytonstone, reaching the Roding Valley at Wanstead. It then followed the west side of the valley to reach Loughton which was then a village of 1,500 people. An eleven and a quarter mile extension beyond Loughton was opened as a single line extension from Loughton through Epping to Ongar on 24th April 1865. A double track was completed as far as Epping in January 1893. To avoid the higher ground, the extension left the older line about a quarter mile south of the old terminus, and going east through a new two platform Loughton station. With the opening of the Ongar line the old terminus was closed. At the opening of the Loughton branch most trains terminated at Fenchurch Street, but from 1874 most trains were diverted to Liverpool Street. By the outbreak of the Second World war much of the land between Epping Forest and the River Roding was covered with houses as far as Loughton but there was much discontent with the LNER steam service. Tube train operation of the branch was first mooted in the early 1930s and a major objective of the 1935-1940 London Railways New Works Programme was to give the eastern suburbs of London a more direct link to the West End. The Central line would be extended beyond Stratford to Leyton where it would take over the working of the Ongar line. The new station at Loughton was opened on 28th April 1940 but LNER steam trains served it until 1948. Work resumed in 1945 and Tube trains reached Leytonstone on 5th May 1947. Loughton received its electric trains on 21st November 1948. Electrification was carried through to Epping on 25th September 1949. This is looking towards Epping. Debden is the next station in this direction.
Image: © Marathon Taken: 13 May 2015
0.09 miles
10
Loughton station
The Eastern Counties Railway Loughton branch line opened on 22nd August 1856. It ran north-east between the small villages of Leyton and Leytonstone, reaching the Roding Valley at Wanstead. It then followed the west side of the valley to reach Loughton which was then a village of 1,500 people. An eleven and a quarter mile extension beyond Loughton was opened as a single line extension from Loughton through Epping to Ongar on 24th April 1865. A double track was completed as far as Epping in January 1893. To avoid the higher ground, the extension left the older line about a quarter mile south of the old terminus, and going east through a new two platform Loughton station. With the opening of the Ongar line the old terminus was closed. At the opening of the Loughton branch most trains terminated at Fenchurch Street, but from 1874 most trains were diverted to Liverpool Street. By the outbreak of the Second World war much of the land between Epping Forest and the River Roding was covered with houses as far as Loughton but there was much discontent with the LNER steam service. Tube train operation of the branch was first mooted in the early 1930s and a major objective of the 1935-1940 London Railways New Works Programme was to give the eastern suburbs of London a more direct link to the West End. The Central line would be extended beyond Stratford to Leyton where it would take over the working of the Ongar line. The new station at Loughton was opened on 28th April 1940 but LNER steam trains served it until 1948. Work resumed in 1945 and Tube trains reached Leytonstone on 5th May 1947. Loughton received its electric trains on 21st November 1948. Electrification was carried through to Epping on 25th September 1949. In this photograph a Central line train bound for Epping has just left.
Image: © Marathon Taken: 13 May 2015
0.10 miles
  • ...