1
Grade II listed Crown Inn, Merthyr Tydfil
The High Street pub dates from 1785, built as a coaching inn.
Grade II listed in January 1988.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
2
Lily Of The Valley, Merthyr Tydfil
Florists at Unit 1, Three Salmon Street, on the corner of High Street.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
3
The Cutting Room, Merthyr Tydfil
Barbers and ladies' hairdressers at 149 High Street, on the corner of Three Salmon Street.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
4
Park Orient Lounge Bar & Restaurant, Merthyr Tydfil
The Park Orient was officially opened on St David's Day, March 1st 2011.
It is located at 26 High Street, on the corner of Broad Street.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
5
Grade II listed Ironwork Fountain Canopy, Merthyr Tydfil
Located at the southern end of High Street, near Court Street.
A plaque on the canopy records that it was erected by Sir William T. Lewis and William Thomas Rees of Aberdare and presented to their native town in commemoration of Robert and Lucy Thomas of Waunwyllt in this parish, the pioneers in 1828 of the South Wales steam coal trade.
Grade II listed in January 1988.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
6
Moktar's Kitchen, Merthyr Tydfil
Restaurant in Three Salmon Street.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
7
Hope & Market Square United Church, Merthyr Tydfil
Viewed from the edge of Three Salmon Street.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 13 Jun 2012
0.01 miles
8
Ordnance Survey Cut Mark
This OS cut mark can be found on the NW face of St Tydfil's Church. It marks a point 166.5793m above mean sea level.
Image: © Adrian Dust
Taken: 27 Apr 2014
0.02 miles
9
View from Merthyr Tydfil railway station
Looking towards the tower of St Tydfil's Old Parish Church in March 2019.
Image: © Jaggery
Taken: 1 Mar 2019
0.03 miles
10
St Tydfil Old Parish Church, Merthyr Tydfil
It is thought that some form of church has stood on this spot for nearly 1500 years. This church was closed for worship in 1968 when St. David’s Church, situated in the centre of the town became the new Parish Church. The present church was not built until 1894, when the previous church, built in 1808 was replaced. It was designed in Neo-Romanesque style by J L Pearson, who also designed Truro Cathedral.
The Old Parish Church is now used as a Chapel of Rest and for special services throughout the year. One is always held on St. Tydfil's Day, August 23rd.
Image: © Richard Rogerson
Taken: 31 Jan 2011
0.04 miles