IMAGES TAKEN NEAR TO
College Hill, ARMAGH, BT61 9DH

Introduction

This page details the photographs taken nearby to College Hill, BT61 9DH by members of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image Map


Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Notes
  • Clicking on the map will re-center to the selected point.
  • The higher the marker number, the further away the image location is from the centre of the postcode.

Image Listing (221 Images Found)

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
  • ...
Image
Details
Distance
1
Charlemont Place, Armagh
When the Mall was developed as public walks in 1798, the racecourse having been removed from the area, it became one of the most desirable residential areas in Armagh. The fine houses of Charlemont Place were built on the east side between 1820 and 1840. The Southern Education and Library Board now occupy all five houses.
Image: © P Flannagan Taken: 9 Mar 2008
0.08 miles
2
The Mall East Armagh
Image: © HENRY CLARK Taken: 7 Jul 2009
0.09 miles
3
The Royal School, Armagh
Located on the Portadown Road, The Royal School, a co-educational grammar school was established by royal decree in 1608 and moved to its present 27 acre site in the 1770s. It remained a boys' school until 1986 when it amalgamated with Armagh Girls' High School to become a co-educational school
Image: © Eric Jones Taken: 4 Jun 2016
0.09 miles
4
Approaching the Royal School along College Hill
Located on the Portadown Road, The Royal School, a co-educational grammar school was established by royal decree in 1608 and moved to its present 27 acre site in the 1770s. It remained a boys' school until 1986 when it amalgamated with Armagh Girls' High School to become a co-educational school
Image: © Eric Jones Taken: 4 Jun 2016
0.09 miles
5
Looking westwards towards the buildings of The Royal School
Located on the Portadown Road, The Royal School, a co-educational grammar school was established by royal decree in 1608 and moved to its present 27 acre site in the 1770s. It remained a boys' school until 1986 when it amalgamated with Armagh Girls' High School to become a co-educational school
Image: © Eric Jones Taken: 4 Jun 2016
0.09 miles
6
Armagh Planetarium on the Portadown Road
The Armagh Planetarium was opened in 1968
Image: © Eric Jones Taken: 4 Jun 2016
0.10 miles
7
The Mall East Armagh
Image: © HENRY CLARK Taken: 7 Jul 2009
0.10 miles
8
Playing fields at The Royal School, Armagh
Located on the Portadown Road, The Royal School, a co-educational grammar school was established by royal decree in 1608 and moved to its present 27 acre site in the 1770s. It remained a boys' school until 1986 when it amalgamated with Armagh Girls' High School to become a co-educational school.
Image: © Eric Jones Taken: 4 Jun 2016
0.10 miles
9
The Armagh County Museum, The Mall East, Armagh
This two storey building, with three tall arched windows behind the ashlar limestone tetrastyle lonic portico and matching doorways in screen walls at each side of the portico, was built in 1834. It became the Armagh County Museum in 1931. An exterior cleaning of the building has just been completed in 2007.
Image: © P Flannagan Taken: 10 Oct 2007
0.10 miles
10
The older part of St Mark's Graveyard
Image: © Eric Jones Taken: 3 Jun 2016
0.10 miles
  • ...