Jimmy Hill Way

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Jimmy Hill Way by Ian Capper as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Jimmy Hill Way

Image: © Ian Capper Taken: 23 Sep 2021

The A444 Jimmy Hill Way crossing Spring Road Canal Bridge (designated bridge 6A). The bridge was constructed in 1996 when the A444 was built along the line of the former Coventry Loop Line railway which was built in 1914 but closed as a through route in 1963 and completely in 1981. Originally named Phoenix Way it was renamed Jimmy Hill Way in 2016, in honour of the former Coventry City FC manager who had died in December 2015. Spring Road itself is a nearby road (now a cul-de-sac) running parallel to the canal - it is unclear why the name has been applied to this build.

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
52.434114
Longitude
-1.4905