Ty Toronto

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Ty Toronto by Arthur C Harris as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Ty Toronto

Image: © Arthur C Harris Taken: 16 Dec 2018

Ty Toronto was built in 1836 and is shown on the 1842 Tithe map and 1871 Tremadog estate plan. The lower storey was originally the North & South Wales Bank, then Casson's Bank from 1847, until it was taken over by William and Richard Prichard, ship owners and brokers, in 1865. The upper storeys were a sail loft (Jones & Jones and Richards & Jones are both listed as Cornhill sailmakers in 1871) and, from at least 1844, housed William Griffiths' Navigation School. The building was converted to apartments in the late C20.* * Information courtesy British Listed Buildings.

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
52.923428
Longitude
-4.130805