King's House, Grand Avenue, Hove

Introduction

The photograph on this page of King's House, Grand Avenue, Hove by Simon Carey as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

King's House, Grand Avenue, Hove

Image: © Simon Carey Taken: 18 Feb 2017

Originally built between 1871-74 as part a terrace called Queen's Gardens containing seven individual mansions built in an Italianate style. The corner was originally occupied by Princes Hotel which later extended eastwards to include the whole block. In 1948 the hotel was acquired by Seeboard who turned into their head office which was remodelled in 1981. The electricity company sold it to the council in the 1990s where it acquired its current name. There have been substantial reports since around 2013 that the council intend to vacate and sell the building in order to cover the substantial cuts from central government.

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
50.824394
Longitude
-0.168299