Milford (Junction) railway station (site), Yorkshire

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Milford (Junction) railway station (site), Yorkshire by Nigel Thompson as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Milford (Junction) railway station (site), Yorkshire

Image: © Nigel Thompson Taken: 11 Jul 2020

Opened in 1840 by the York & North Midland Railway on the line from York to Castleford, this station closed in 1904 when it was replaced by Monk Fryston station (a few hundred metres behind the camera position). It was known as "Milford Junction" until 1893. View north towards Sherburn-in-Elmet and York. The station was just beyond and to the right of the signal box, but all trace of it has apparently disappeared over the years as the area was used for sidings when this image was taken.

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
53.771205
Longitude
-1.237406