Foot crossing over the railway

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Foot crossing over the railway by Marathon as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Foot crossing over the railway

Image: © Marathon Taken: 13 Aug 2016

On 6th February 1846, the South Eastern Railway began services from Ashford to Canterbury West and two months later in April 1846 services were extended though here to Ramsgate. Electric services started on 9th October 1961 and in December 2009, the line became part of the Southeastern High Speed service to London St Pancras. This view is of a foot crossing between Broad Oak Road and Headcorn Drive near Folly Farm. The next station to the right is Sturry, although the High Speed trains do not stop there, and to the left is Canterbury West. For a view from the crossing see http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5072906

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
51.294029
Longitude
1.092282