Parish Hall and Church of St Mary Magdalen, Leyland Road Penwortham

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Parish Hall and Church of St Mary Magdalen, Leyland Road Penwortham by David Dixon as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Parish Hall and Church of St Mary Magdalen, Leyland Road Penwortham

Image: © David Dixon Taken: 4 Feb 2015

St Mary Magdalen's was established as an offshoot from the Jesuits’ church of St Wilfrid, Preston. The original church (nearest to the camera) was opened on 29 September 1912 by Archbishop Bourne. The new church (Image]), which is attached to the original building, was opened and consecrated by Archbishop Worlock on 9 July 1987, when the original church became the parish hall. http://www.ssmmt.org.uk/ Parish website

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
53.744199
Longitude
-2.710174