Former Mill, Bestwood, Notts.
Introduction
The photograph on this page of Former Mill, Bestwood, Notts. by David Hallam-Jones as part of the Geograph project.
The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.
There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image: © David Hallam-Jones Taken: 24 Jan 2014
The view past the former Forge Mill on Mill Lane in the direction of the new (Oct 2013) footbridge over "the Bayles & Wylie train and tram crossing". This mill was the last piece of property the company owned in Bestwood. It is Grade II-listed and straddles the River Leen overlooking a rear mill pond. It was built as a cotton mill by the Robinson family (c.1783) on premises originally used as an iron foundry, hence its name. The public footpath at the rear of the mill is not accessible currently. Consent was granted to convert the upper floors into 11 apartments "and for a charity to use the grounds and the first floor for textile-based employment purposes". Evidence of building work can be seen since Image was taken. Robin Hood Way - a long distance path - passes the front of the mill.