Old Edinburgh Court

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Old Edinburgh Court by Richard Dorrell as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Old Edinburgh Court

Image: © Richard Dorrell Taken: 14 Dec 2012

Designed by James Matthews and William Lawrie, and built between 1859 and 1861. At one time this was the Inverness Poorhouse, later named the Muirfield Institution. In 1946, under the NHS, it was renamed again as the Hilton Hospital. The building was converted into residential apartments in approximately 1966. The walled-up entrance arch in this image is dated 1860, and was originally part of a u-shaped block probably containing offices.

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
57.468754
Longitude
-4.215148