St. Saviours Vicarage formerly Lower Splott Farm
Introduction
The photograph on this page of St. Saviours Vicarage formerly Lower Splott Farm by Chris Moorman as part of the Geograph project.
The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.
There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image: © Chris Moorman Taken: 27 Dec 2007
St. Saviours the Grade II listed vicarage, formerly Lower Splott Farm The early history of Splott is given in the Cardiff Records. Splott was anciently held by the Bawdrips of Penmark. It consisted mainly of two farms, called the Upper and Lower Splott, situated between Roath Village and the sea. 1440 - the Splott is mentioned as bounding certain lands of Isabel le Despenser, Countess of Worcester and Warwick. 1596 - William Bawdrippe of Penmark built a fair house at the Splott and made it his chief residence. 1626 - William Bawdrip of Splott was Member of Parliament for Cardiff. He sold Penmark and Splott to Sir Edward Lewis of the Van. 1638 - Sir Edward Lewis of the Van died. 1740 - the Llandaff Survey of this year mentions a chief rent of four shillings as payable in respect of Splott Farm in Roath. To the east of Adamsdown and Portmanmoor Lower Splott is nearer to the Severn estuary. The old dairy was contained on the ground floor of the building's extension to the right.