Number 1, Neville Street

Introduction

The photograph on this page of Number 1, Neville Street by Andrew Curtis as part of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over 14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Number 1, Neville Street

Image: © Andrew Curtis Taken: 21 Dec 2010

The building known as No 1, Neville Street, next to Central Station was built in 1883, in a French Renaissance style designed by William Bell. It formed the entrance to offices constructed for the North Eastern Railway Accountant's Audit Office. The offices extended over an old carriage shed which had been built in 1871 using materials from the demolition of the original Forth Banks Goods Station. The building which extends south from the entrance, following the curve of the railway, was recently renovated and divided up into smaller office units. It is now home to Buffer Bear Children's Nursery (now Cooperative Nursery). No 1 Neville Street is a Grade II Listed Building (List entry Number: 1024814) https://www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1024814

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0

Image Location

coordinates on a map icon
Latitude
54.968319
Longitude
-1.619936