IMAGES TAKEN NEAR TO
High Street, FALKIRK, FK1 1EU

Introduction

This page details the photographs taken nearby to High Street, FK1 1EU by members of the Geograph project.

The Geograph project started in 2005 with the aim of publishing, organising and preserving representative images for every square kilometre of Great Britain, Ireland and the Isle of Man.

There are currently over 7.5m images from over14,400 individuals and you can help contribute to the project by visiting https://www.geograph.org.uk

Image Map


Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Notes
  • Clicking on the map will re-center to the selected point.
  • The higher the marker number, the further away the image location is from the centre of the postcode.

Image Listing (243 Images Found)

Images are licensed for reuse under creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
  • ...
Image
Details
Distance
1
The Lonely Broomstick
Described as 'a magical and quirky shop filled with unique gifts for every fan of the Wizarding World!'
Image: © Richard Sutcliffe Taken: 17 Feb 2023
0.01 miles
2
The Bute Monument
A plaque beside the cross reads: The 3rd Marquess of Bute erected this Celtic Cross in 1877 to the Gallant men of Bute. They died to a man Defending their leader, Sir John Stewart, at the Battle of Falkirk, in 1298 During the Wars of Independence. The cross is one of several notable monuments within the churchyard at Falkirk Trinity church, which together are Category B listed. http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31168
Image: © Richard Sutcliffe Taken: 17 Feb 2023
0.01 miles
3
Falkirk: postbox № FK1 6, High Street
A modern postbox, emptied finally at 5:45pm on weekdays and at noon on Saturdays.
Image: © Chris Downer Taken: 12 Oct 2009
0.01 miles
4
Falkirk - Trinity Church
Image: © Colin Park Taken: 3 Jun 2016
0.02 miles
5
Whimsic Alley
The sister shop of the Lonely Broomstick Image It also specialises in the 'wizarding world experience'.
Image: © Richard Sutcliffe Taken: 17 Feb 2023
0.02 miles
6
Falkirk Trinity Church of Scotland
A Category A listed http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31167 church. There has been a church here since the 11th century, dedicated to St Modan, although nothing of this can be seen. The only part from the 15th century church which remains is the lower part of the tower (the upper octagonal belfry was built in 1738-41 by William Adam). The rest of the medieval church was demolished and rebuilt in 1810-11 to a design by James Gillespie Graham. There have been other later additions. See Canmore https://canmore.org.uk/site/46913/falkirk-high-street-falkirk-old-parish-church for images of the interior, including stained glass windows.
Image: © Richard Sutcliffe Taken: 17 Feb 2023
0.02 miles
7
Falkirk Trinity Church of Scotland
A Category A listed http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31167 church. There has been a church here since the 11th century, dedicated to St Modan, although nothing of this can be seen. The only part from the 15th century church which remains is the lower part of the tower (the upper octagonal belfry was built in 1738-41 by William Adam). The rest of the medieval church was demolished and rebuilt in 1810-11 to a design by James Gillespie Graham. There have been other later additions. See Canmore https://canmore.org.uk/site/46913/falkirk-high-street-falkirk-old-parish-church for images of the interior, including stained glass windows.
Image: © Richard Sutcliffe Taken: 17 Feb 2023
0.02 miles
8
Lint Riggs
The buildings were built 1903-06. The end section of the street was designed by A and W Black and includes the Newmarket Bar. The central section was designed by Thomas Copland and is a masonic hall, built for Lodge Callendar No 588. They are Category B listed http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB31197.
Image: © Richard Sutcliffe Taken: 17 Feb 2023
0.03 miles
9
Falkirk: the Old Parish Church
The southern end of this church seems just to be in this gridsquare. It is thought that a very early church on this site, perhaps eleventh century, may have given rise to the name Faw Kirk ('speckled church') – hence Falkirk. There has probably been a church on the site since four centuries earlier than that. The square tower is a surviving feature of the building erected in 1450, while the octagonal bell tower was added in 1733. Around it, the main body of the church was rebuilt in 1811. The southern extension, which we see projecting towards us here, came a further 81 years later.
Image: © Chris Downer Taken: 12 Oct 2009
0.03 miles
10
The tomb of Sir John de Graeme.
The tomb of Sir John de Graeme, Falkirk. Known as “Graeme with the Bright Sword” he fought alongside William Wallace for Scottish independence. Killed at the Battle of Falkirk in 1298. More here https://graveyardsofscotland.com/2018/11/17/brothers-in-arms/
Image: © John Gray Taken: 24 Oct 2019
0.03 miles
  • ...